Thursday 14 November 2013

3D Modelling Proposed Artefact




What's the Unit About?

In this post I'm going to cover what I have decided to model for my core 3D modelling unit at University. The task is to create a 3D Model with basic animations, which demonstrate what has been learnt throughout the course of this unit. This model must be completely made from scratch, and not downloaded pre-made (obviously), also we cannot use tutorials found on the internet, as it will be identical to the tutorials model. At the very least the model must contain:
  • Mesh Edited Objects
  • Lofting
  • Spline Surfaces (NURBS)
The model must be made within 3Ds Max, and should be shown to the examiner in the form of a 30 second video, demonstrating animation etc… In addition to the artefact, we will have to produce a 1,000 word reflective report, which will be about how you went around creating the model, all of the problems you encountered along the way and how you got around them, to produce the finished model. 

My Proposed Artefact

We had a lot of freedom on what we could choose to model, but it had to be real, man-made and couldn't be character models, or weapons such as knifes or guns, since they are too simple. After searching thin internet extensively for possible models, I came across a model, that I thought would be both challenging but possible for me to produce. This is an Boeing AH-64 Apache attack helicopter, very famous in both the military and gaming world, as seen in games such as Call of Duty. I have included Below are a few reference images and blueprints that I will be using, and I will be updating the blog with my progress up till the hand in date which around March 2014. 















No comments:

Post a Comment